you know all the stereotypes of Washington with all the “OMG RAIN AND CLOUDS AND COFFEE AND HIPSTERS LOL ITS COLD AND WET THERE”
those make me laugh because while that’s pretty much true on the West Coast
that’s about 1/3 of the entire state guys
you all just don’t know about the East side because we don’t talk about it
A decent amount of Washington is actually Desert. We don’t acknowledge that part of the state.
as a resident of Eastern Washington, I can attest to the validity of this post.
Never, ever, reveal to a woman that you are interested in her in any way.
- Honestly not sure how much I want this job anymore
- I’m never not tired
- I miss being funny here
- I miss boobs
- I miss kissing
- I got yelled at three times today, and deserved two of them
- I’m not assertive enough and I don’t know how to fix that. I’m not assertive because I don’t know when it stops being assertive and starts being asshole behavior, and only one of those makes me better at my job
- I have a group of friends to hang out with now, which is fun
- Odds are decent that, at some point, one of them will wind up drunkenly shagging me. Which is kinda cool
- I have a new brit friend so I’ve started saying things like shagging. I was already using ‘wank’ because of Mel
- I’m drinking to excess lately because it’s the only thing I do besides work and sleep
- I’m about to go drink with a friend who got laid off
- When we’re done drinking, I’m going to work well into the night because I have to be ready for 5 hours of meetings starting at 9 tomorrow, and I have to set up other meetings with people in Geneva and Beijing, so need to talk to them when they’re in the office.
- I’m really really glad I get paid hourly
- I seriously miss boobs. And kissing.
mom-in-mammoth replied to your photo “And here is why I moved onto a boat…happy Sunday, everybody!”
Where is this ?!
I live on Lake Union in Seattle! :)
I have to get up early, but Pacific Rim is on. SORRY, RESPONSIBILITY.
Also, rim. Heh.
Being a nice guy and being a “nice guy”: Know the difference.
There is LITERALLY no difference.
Women don’t owe you shit. We are not sex objects. Too bad if you’re sad about it. You don’t deserve anybody. You are not entitled to another human being.
That’s just how it works.
HOLY SHIT WHAT
IT’S PERFECTLY NATURAL TO BE SAD WHEN SOMEONE YOU’RE INTERESTED IN DOESN’T WANT TO BE WITH YOU
Jesus fucking Christ that’s not entitlement, that’s totally normal disappointment.
There’s a difference between the first and second pictures and if you can’t see it then holy fuck, I’m sorry about your failing vision.
The difference is that the first version is being passive-aggressive and the second version is being aggressive, but BOTH of them are coming from the exact same point of view that they’re “supposed to” get the girl they want. Why is this even hard to see?
Oh my fucking god. People (yes even MEN) are allowed to have feelings. There is absolutely nothing wrong in feeling sad when you don’t get what you want. It does not imply entitlement (although the two can go together). You know who else tells men they can’t have feelings? The patriarchy.
You’re completely failing to comprehend my point. The first picture is passive-aggressive misogyny because there is no such thing as “only” friendship. Friendship is not the loser’s door prize in the Game Of Sex, and that is what makes anyone who thinks that gaining the friendship of someone they like is something to be sad about a terrible person.
If you think that friendship is an “only” and that it’s something to be sad about, then you were never sincere about friendship in the first place. That is what makes it passive aggressive shit; someone with this mindset is using a pretense of friendship as a stepping stone towards manipulating someone they want into a sexual relationship.
Your argument doesn’t support your assertion that the first pane is passive-aggressive. Passive-aggressive is a behavior or set of behaviors, and not an issue on how he (however erroneously) defines friendship.
Since your argument is based entirely on the use of “only,” I would point out that he did not say “…and that makes me sad.” (which would attribute his sad feelings to her). He simply said “… and I’m sad.” (which only indicates that he is sad and does not indicate that he feels that she caused his sadness).
Sometimes I like someone as more than a friend and I want them to feel the same way about me. But she might ONLY like me as a friend. I will be sad about that. Like anyone whose feelings aren’t returned. That has little to nothing to do with sex. And I will still value her friendship, while being disappointed that it can’t be more than friendship, that her feelings don’t match mine. I just don’t see how that’s hard to comprehend.
Luckily I’ll never suffer unrequited feelings for someone who has the views above, because yeesh what a turnoff. People and friendships and love and emotion and even sex are complicated, and a simple, hostile, defensive view like that is a waste of an opportunity to experience life in its full wonderful messiness.